Friday, January 24, 2014

Meet our Board: Rebecca Moore

Name: Rebecca Moore

Location: I live between Southside and the Beaches

Family:  I have one dog, a cocker spaniel named Murray.  I’m not married and don’t have any kids (yet) :)

Career: I work as a Senior Manager in the audit practice of KPMG, LLP (it’s an accounting firm)

Current placement: Board member, Treasurer

Why did you join the League? I joined the league to make friends and volunteer/make an impact on the community.

What has been your best Placement in Junior League and why? That would be a four way tie between: KITK Vice Chair (who doesn’t love impacting kids’ lives through hands on activities and helping feed them), Membership Training & Enrichment Co-Chair (it was so much fun planning social events for our league members), Provisional Advisor (I had such a fantastic group of provisionals, they were and still are so much fun), and Holiday Market Treasurer (working with those ladies during the first Holiday Market was exhausting, but they were a wonderful group and such a pleasure to work with).

Who do you admire? My mom, she is such a loving, patient, wonderful woman.  I have no idea how she does everything that she does!

What do you do for fun? I love to cook and entertain.  I love to try new adventures.

What is your greatest piece of advice? Love what you do, in everything in life (whether at work, volunteering, etc.)

What's your favorite recipe from the any Junior League cookbook? The baked brie en croute, every time I make it, it gets consumed very fast.  My friends constantly ask me to make it when they invite me over and it’s such an easy recipe!

Tell us something interesting about yourself. As I mentioned before I love trying new adventures.  This year I went on a NASCAR ride along (our car got up to 170 MPH), I went swimming with dolphins, I learned how to sail and I’m going flyboarding next week.  Last year I swam in the Georgia Aquarium (the shark tank) and went hang gliding.

No comments:

Post a Comment